Description of Paleophilately website
Once I restarted my collection in 2010, I
tried to find some catalog or a webiste that list all Paleontology
related stamps and postmarks. The only printed catalog I found, was
Domphil from 2002 - good but many new stamps since it last issue.
The only few thematic websites I found in Internet, provided very basic
information such as: title, date of issue and catalog number.
Some had some small images, other doesn't, that make me some
difficulties to identify it.
Moreover, none of these websites provided some details nor background
of the issue.
To fill out the gap and to be able to share the information with other collectors, this website created in the middle of 2011.
The very first pages of this website were two tables, created in MS-World,
that provide me some overview about kind of available stamps.
Just to filling out an albums(s) with stamps and covers is boring to me. I always try to study the stories behind them and find out as much as information as possible about every new purchase.
As soon as I get some information about stamps listed in these tables, I started to create description pages
and link it in the tables.
Today, on February 2018, this website contain over 1.300 pages and over 11.000 images.
Main pages of the website are
- Milestones of Paleontology related Philatelic items.
List of the first: stamp, FDC, postal stationery etc. depicted prehistoric animals, dinosaurs, paleontologists. This page used a source of several articles in international philatelic magazines.
- Paleontologists on stamps and other philately related items such as postmarks, meter franking, commemorative covers etc.
- Contributors to Paleontology science : scientists who made significant influence on establishment of Paleontology science, famous fossil collectors, museums founder, etc.
- Paleontology museums on stamps, covers and other philatelic objects.
- Paleontology fossil found sites on stamps and other philatelic items
- Paleoanthropologists on stamps and other philately related items such as postmarks, meter franking, commemorative covers etc.
- Contributors to Paleoanthropology science : scientists who made significant influence on establishment of Paleoanthropology science, famous fossil collectors, museums founder, etc.
- Paleoanthropology museums on stamps, covers and other philatelic objects.
- Paleoanthropology fossil found sites on stamps and other philatelic items
Link exchange: I'm open to exchange a link with other philately or/and paleontology related web sites. In case you like to add a link to this site you might like to
use one of the logo images or QR Code
If you find a problem either at display or a contents, or if you like to add or correct some info - please email me on English, Deutsch or Russian on email@example.com.
Latest update 20.02.2018
Any feedback, comments or even complaints
are welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org (you
can email me on ENglish, DEutsch, or RUssian)