|ID||Michel: 3405-3409 Scott: Stanley Gibbons: Yvert: UPU: N/A Category: Ot|
|Stamps in set||5|
|Value||80 cents Tianjin Natural History Museum
80 cents Shaanxi History Museum
80 cents Shanghai Museum
80 cents Henan Museum
80 cents Tibet Museum
|Size (width x height)|
|Products||FDC x2 MCx5|
Natural History Museum, located at the west end of the
was set up in 1914 by a French missionary and opened in 1927, with the
previous name as Beijiang Museum. It got the present name in 1957. The
museum is specialized in collections of paleontology and
Specimens total 380,000, and the key
collections show the paleontology
group in the late period of Chinese
Cenozoic Era, including fossils of ancient mammals excavated from the
Yushe Basin of Shanxi Province, the Qingyang Basin of Gansu Province,
the Yang Yuanni Basin of Hebei Province and the Inner Mongolia - the
abundance of paleontology groups of the four places are rare worldwide,
which are important
References for researches on the evolvement of amniotes. The museum features four basic displays of Animal, Paleontology, Plants and Paleo-anthropology fossils, containing ancient reptiles and mammals, animal ecology, insects and aquatic organisms.
Other museums are:
The Shaanxi History Museum is situated on Yan Ta Road in Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province. It is a national-level modernized large-scale museum, and a grand imitation of traditional Tang dynasty buildings. Covering an area of 65,000 square meters, with a building area of 60,000 square meters, the museum gathers the cultural quintessence in Shaanxi, and has represented the evolution of Chinese civilization by combining the Chinese ancient palace and courtyard architectural style together. The museum has collected 370,000 unearthed historical relics treasures in Shaanxi, and visitors can appreciate the treasures made from prehistory, Zhou to Ming and Qing Dynasties which systematically shows the Shaanxi history from 1,150,000 years before to A.D.1840. Exhibited in the main exhibition hall are 2,700 works of art, with an exhibition line that extends 2,300 meters. The exhibition space is divided into an introductory hall, permanent exhibitions, special exhibitions, and temporary exhibitions, as well as one that has been named the National Painting Hall.
Shanghai Museum. As a museum of ancient Chinese art, Shanghai Museum possesses a collection of 120,000 precious works of art. Its rich and high-quality collection of ancient Chinese bronze, ceramics, painting and calligraphy is specially celebrated in the world.Founded and first open to the public in the building previously of the horseracing club at 325 W. Nanjing Road in 1952 and then moved into the former Zhonghui Building at 16 S. Henan Road in 1959, the museum developed very quickly in aspects of acquisition, conservation, research, exhibition, education and cultural exchanges with other institutes. In 1992, the Shanghai municipal government allocated to the Museum a piece of land at the very center of the city, the People's Square, as its new site. The whole construction took three years, from August 1993 to its inauguration on October 12th, 1996. The 29.5 meters high new building has a construction space of 39,200 square meters. Its unique architectural form of a round top with a square base, symbolizing the ancient Chinese philosophy that the square earth is under the round sky, is a distinguished architectural combination of traditional feature and modern spirit. The present Shanghai Museum has eleven galleries and three special temporary exhibition halls. It extends warm welcome to the visitors from all over the world.
The Tibet Museum is located in the southeast corner of Norbu Lingka, Lhasa city. It covers an area of 23,508 square meters (5.8 acres) including the exhibition area of 10,451 square meters (2.6 acres). The museum is equipped with modern facilities to ensure quality service for visitors and safety and efficient administration of the museum itself. Here exhibits are introduced in Japanese, English, Tibetan, and Chinese, in order to accommodate visitors from all over the world. The construction project of the Tibet Museum was listed as one of the sixty-two "Aid-Tibet Projects" in July 1994.The museum opened in October 1999 to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the Founding of the People's Republic of China and the 40th anniversary of Tibet's Democratic Reform. The former Chinese chairman Jiang Zemin inscribed the named for the Museum. The museum building is a pioneering institution in the history of Tibet. Designed by a Han Chinese architect from Sichuan province, the complex is a wonderful combination of Chinese and Tibetan architectural styles.
|FDC: official covers on the left, personalized one on the right side|
|Maxi Cards||Used Cover|
Latest update 20.01.2018
Any feedback, comments or even complaints are welcome: email@example.com (you can email me on ENglish, DEutsch, or RUssian)